Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jack is ready to call the County!!

Well, Porter had another visit to the hospital for x-rays....the 2nd in two months...thus Pres. Jack Joyner teased me that if he wasn't retired he would have to report me to the County agencies for further investigations. I sure hope no one else thinks that....he is just a boy and he does crazy things.

Maddy Clanton dropped by with her Dad and Porter was running away from her and he ran smack into the door jam....with his right shoulder! We went to his Pediatrician who sent us to the hospital for x-rays. The technician told us that it was broke but the Doctor's report said there was no fracture. That makes me nuts!!! Who do you trust? I can see how swollen it is...I can see he is slumping it....I can see that he can't use it....I have had to give him pain medicine around the clock and keep him home from school. We went for another opinion.

After getting a second opinion from the Orthopedist, he has a 'green stick fracture' on his collar bone. He will have to wear a splint that looks similar to a shoulder holster for about 2-3 weeks. His age will help him heal quickly and efficiently as long as we keep the bone straight. He can even write and do some things with his right hand now that he has the splint.

6 comments:

The Clanton Gang said...

OH my goodness--I'm sorry my child was involved in this! :( I hope Porter recovers quickly!!!

Jaime said...

poor baby, give him lots of tlc so he'll be healed in time for halloween fun! btw, would you get mary mike to email me, so i can send her an invite back to my blog please! i went private and keep forgetting some people can't see it b/c i don't have their email. thanks

Jared and Katy said...

I hope he heals fast, poor kid! He is in my prayers!

Julie said...

Wendi...do not worry! We actually tease him that one day he will get hurt running towards the girls instead of away from them! I suspect he had the accident because he turned around to see if she was following him. It really was just a freak thing.

Mary Mike said...

Hey Julie, Graham had a broken collar bone about a year ago. Wasn't much fun but little kids are so quick to recover. The little sling looked so pathetic. I'm sure Porter can use it for his advantage :). OK how do I get to see Jamie's blog again. Help!!!

Maggie said...

Don't worry, Julie. His daddy had 3-4 black eyes in 3-4 years. All do to falls. Just an active baby.