Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Porter

Porter has turned 5!!! What a big kid he is now! He is the oldest in his class. I had a friend come by to babysit so that I could go over to his school to celebrate his birthday with his class. After much deliberation, Porter chose to have sprinkle cupcakes with white icing and sprinkles on scooby doo plates and fruit juice to drink. His first plan was for blueberry muffins then doughnuts then cupcakes. He had a great time! His class sang to him and he loved it. Here is a picture of him with some of his classmates and his Para-Pro.





We also got to share a party with his cousin Zachery (who has a birthday 2 days after Porter) and his cousins came for the celebration. The kids had a blast playing together. We ate pizza and played with everyone at Aunt Lisa and Uncle John's house. It was a hectic day with most everyone helping Grandma Maggie move to another apartment. With so much on my mind, I forgot to buy the Scooby Doo pinata (and goody bags) then while I was doing make-overs at my Mom's house, I left the cupcakes in the van....only to find melted vanilla frosting and sprinkles! When it came time to sing happy birthday and have sweets, he opted for Zach's cookie cake from the Mall! Elijah was the first to chime in and say he wanted a cupcake though! :) I wasn't really disappointed, I know that Porter doesn't prefer sweets and only made the cupcakes because I felt I should do something "birthday-ish". Dixon was just begging for something....anything...I did give him a nibble of the cookie.

After days of celebrating in some fashion, we are glad to be back on our schedule. We are looking forward to celebrating with Dixon next!

1 comment:

Mary Mike said...

Happy Birthday Porter, we hope you can celebrate one more time with us when you come visit.