Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Morning


This year Matt and I opted to drive home after Uncle Gene's party instead of heading over to Mom and Dad's for the night. We have reached the point where we want to be at our home for Christmas morning and then drive over for Christmas day.


Porter had been sick earlier in the week and with everything going on, I forgot to make Christmas cookies for Santa. In a panic, Porter remembered this oversight on the way to Uncle Gene's. Aunt Connie saved the day and sent us home with a plate full of cutout cookies for Santa to enjoy. Before bed, Porter made sure that we set out the cookies and eggnog for Santa to enjoy after bringing presents for my boys.


Santa ate all of the cookies and just left some crumbs!

I might be able to figure out how to download our video of the event. It was so great! Porter woke around 7:30 am and ran screaming, "Santa came, Santa Came!!!" It was wonderful. We unwrapped our gifts, ate breakfast at Waffle House then drove to Nanny and Papas for the rest of the day.

I was feeling sick with fever by the time we got to Mom's house. I spent most of the day in bed and so, I can't comment much more on Christmas....well I can say that we all got sick and Mom came to our home to take care of us for a few days!

1 comment:

MommaG said...

I miss the excitement and magic of Christmas morning with little kids! There's nothing quite like the look they get on their faces when they walk into the room and see what Santa left. Looks like Santa was pretty good to Porter and Dixon this year! :)