Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I got to celebrate my birthday while traveling to a conference for Matt's job. The day started very early....we were visiting some dear family friends and Dixon and Porter had a really rough night. I had that feeling you get with the calm before a storm when both boys were in bed by 8 pm on Sunday night! Dixon woke up to nurse around 10:30 pm and did not lay back down to sleep until around 4 am! Each and every time I would get him to sleep and lay him in the pack and play, he would wake up screaming! This led to Porter waking up, which meant more crying. Matt and I took turns passing off the boys. I was so stressed out because I needed them to be quiet....we were in another home and they were going to work early the next day. I did get about 2 hours sleep before we had to load up and head to the beach. Matt let me sleep on the first part of the drive then we traded and he slept until we got to Daytona.
















The rest of the trip went nicely! The boys and I played in the pool and watched the waves while Daddy was in classes all day. Porter even got to play in the resort's kids club. At night the conference had family activities/dinner which was great and left us ready for bed. We loved the hotel and wanted to stay longer and give Matt the opportunity to play....too bad the Pepsi 400 is this weekend and the hotel rates shot up to $400 a night!



During the trip home, we stopped to visit Scooterhead aka cousin Jennifer for Dinner. It was nice to see her! We miss her and want her back "home"!!! We also bought a case of green peanuts and today is 'boiling day'!



Here is a picture of the boys sitting on the front porch of my childhood home. We stopped by to show the boys where I grew up and man....that house sure does look too small to have had a family of 6 kids!!!
Well...laundry calls!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! I found your blog! Now I can stay up to date on the life of the Ehlers! It was great to see you guys! I miss my family! But its ok I'm plotting on how to come home quicker! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
<3 Scooterhead <3

Caglefamily said...

Happy birthday, you so need to get that camera figured out so I can see all your beautiful pics.

Jared and Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Katy said...

Daytona...how fun! And I TOTALLY hear you about laundry calling after a trip, plus we don't have a washer and dryer so our parents just LOVE that!

And Happy (late) Birthday!

Jaime said...

happy bday julie!! sorry you had a rough night w/ boys but sounds like the rest of trip made up for it!