Wednesday, August 17, 2011

School has started.

Week One is down in the record books.  Porter started a week ago on Monday and Matt's students returned last Wednesday.  Porter and I were both ready for him to be back in school.  Life can be a little boring for him when I am home babysitting and not able to take him to the pool or park as often as he would like.  Porter's teacher this year was the reading instructor he had in 1st grade so he is excited for 2nd grade.  His two best buddies are in another class.  That is good and bad but I think he will make more friends quickly.  I just hope he continues to be 'good' in school.  I had some rough days with him over the summer in terms of his behavior.  I am sure part of it is just his age and my expectations aren't always realistic.  He seems to be enjoying reading more this year and that is always positive.

Matt has had a very interesting week.  For reasons beyond his control, he will be driving over to the middle school and teaching one class a day then returning to the high school to teach 2 other classes.  I personally couldn't think anything much more difficult than teaching 8th grade but Matt, always the team player, has had a good attitude about the situation.  He looks at it as a way to get the kids excited about FFA and hopes they will sign up for his classes next year when they start high school. 

No comments: