Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Porter

Porter turned 6 on September 25th. A special birthday surprise was a weekend visit from Cousin Amelia. His birthday was on a Friday night and we wanted to keep things simple....we invited 6 friends to come for dinner and cake. For his birthday dinner, we served his favorite meal...spaghetti! No birthday party would be complete without cake. Porter wanted Sponge Bob Square Pants. I learned from previous parties that after I would spend hours decorating character cakes (you know the ones with thousands of 'stars') that Porter really doesn't eat cake with frosting. He just likes the idea of cake frosting. I decided to look around for a bakery cake. For anyone who does not know (like me), Sam's Club offers 30 cupcakes for $12.63!!!! I could hardly buy cupcake papers and character sugar candies for that much money!!! It was fast and easy and no one complained (especially me)!





No comments: