Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Please, Please, Please Tell Me It is a Phase...

Porter has started a horrible thing. About every third sentence out of his mouth begins with " I hate....". It is driving me nuts!! Completely aggravating, yelling , mad!! I have asked him to stop saying that, etc. He really frustrating part is that about 80% of the stuff isn't something he dislikes. He simply likes the phrase....I'm guessing.

To bring home the point, I told him that the next time he said that at the dinner table, I was going to make him eat a huge spoonful of whatever the items was. He then asked me what I meant. I explained again that whenever he says "I hate....." then I would get a huge spoonful of that food and he would have to eat it. Mr. Smarty-Pants was really quick with his next thought....'Mom, I HATE watermelon!" I was dumbfounded...seriously...I had to walk into the laundry room to keep from just freaking out on him!!! He then yelled, "Mom, did you hear me? I HATE watermelon!!" "Aren't you gonna cut the watermelon and make me eat it?"

Let's just say that Matt stepped in and quickly told Porter to cut it out and behave. I just went to work on laundry and tried not to laugh or cry too loud!!

1 comment:

Mary Mike said...

Outsmarted by a five year old, yep get used to it. They can get you :)